Postnatal Yoga (Mummy and Baby Yoga)
Congratulations on the birth of your baby!
The postnatal yoga class is suitable after your 6 week check-up and babies are very welcome.
What to expect in the postnatal class.
- Baby Massage Techniques.
- Gentle yoga based movements to help your recovery post-birth.
- Pelvic Floor and abdominal awareness to help strengthen and tone.
- Simple breathing techniques to help relieve stress and anxiety.
- Relaxation to help with sleep deprivation.
- Opportunity to connect with local moms, and share experiences over a tea and biscuit.
Some benefits of Baby Massage
Skin-to-skin with your baby aids the release of oxytocin the ‘hormone of love’ which increases bonding and attachment between baby and parent.
Endorphins the body’s natural stress relievers are released when massaged, which will help your baby feel contented and loved.
Developing your sense of touch increases your confidence and allows your baby to feel protected and loved.
Massage strengthens your babies immune system, relaxes their belly which aids digestion and increases oxygen absorption due to easy belly breathing.
When: Tuesday morning.
Time: 10am – 11:30am.
Cost: £12.50/£15 per class or block booking available.
Suitable for babies: 6 weeks to crawling
What to bring: Please bring a towel or blanket for your baby to lie on and a blanket (for yourself).
If you would like to massage your baby with oil please ensure you skin test the oil on your baby first. Place a little oil on the top of your babies arm, wait for an hour to see if there is an allergic reaction. If there is a reaction, use a different oil.
Example oils: olive oil (yellow), grape seed oil, mustard seed oil, fascinated coconut oil, organic sunflower oil.
Alternatively if you prefer not to use oil, you can practise the massage techniques through your babies clothing.
Mats, belts, bolsters, blocks, tea/biscuits provided.
- 29th Sept / 6th Oct / 13th Oct / 20th Oct
- 3rd Nov / 10th Nov / 17th Nov / 24th Nov
- 1st Dec / 8th Dec / 15th Dec / 22nd Dec